Rick Thornquist trækker sig tilbage fra Boardgame News...

Informationer om spil og udvidelser der er på vej m.m.
Frouvne
10.000+ indlæg
10.000+ indlæg
Favoritspil: Brass: Lancashire, Twilight Struggle, Gaia Project, Innovation, Dominant Species, Crokinole, Steam, Spirit Island, Amun-Re, TMB

Rick Thornquist trækker sig tilbage fra Boardgame News...

Post by Frouvne »

Rick Thornquist har valgt at trække sig tilbage fra Boardgame News... :cry: Eric Martin tager over, hvor Rick slap... vi må så håbe, at han kan leve op til den store arv efter Rick Thornquist, der har lagt et formidabelt arbejde i at informere alle brætspilsintereserede via Boardgame News og tidligere på Gamefests hjemmeside.
frouvne, administrator

Marcussen
250+ indlæg
250+ indlæg

Post by Marcussen »

Hvad er grunden? :(
Frouvne
10.000+ indlæg
10.000+ indlæg
Favoritspil: Brass: Lancashire, Twilight Struggle, Gaia Project, Innovation, Dominant Species, Crokinole, Steam, Spirit Island, Amun-Re, TMB

Post by Frouvne »

Hans begrundelse er lidt uklar. Han gør én lidt klogere i sin afskedssalut:
From the Editor: Retirement and a New Editor

As you may have noticed, my output on Boardgame News has been minimal since I got back from Essen. When I got back I was exhausted, and I also wanted to take some time to figure out whether or not I wanted to continue with the site. I have come to the decision I’m going to retire from the game news business.

Why? Well, there are quite a few reasons. One major one is that I’ve been doing it for almost five years now and I feel I’ve done everything that I can do on the boardgaming news front. There are a number of personal reasons as well.

Note that this is different from my decision to leave Gamefest. With Gamefest I was dissatisfied with Gamefest itself, but still keen on doing the job. With this I’ve decided to leave the job altogether.

What does this mean for Boardgame News? Well, much to my surprise and delight, someone has stepped forward and volunteered to take over the reins of the site and that someone is Eric Martin. This is great news - I didn’t want the site to disappear and Eric is eminently qualified to take over. I will be handing over everything to Eric today - Sunday, November 19th.

Personally, I will be relinquishing my weekly column and will now contribute as an ‘at large’ columnist. I may do some other things, but that will be up to the discretion of the new editor.

The site would not have been as good as it was without the contributions from others and I’d like to thank them all for their great work. Much thanks also go to the subscribers and advertisers who supported the site. I’d also like to thank the readers of Boardgame News for taking the time to check out the site. It has been my great pleasure to do the site and I sincerely hope you continue to support Eric and the site in the future.

- Rick Thornquist
frouvne, administrator